Business is too good . . .

Subject: Business is too good . . .
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:35:45
Message forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
"Robert L. Nuckolls, III" <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com> , well known to us all.

Over the past few days of wrestling with our too-oft
recalcitrant website host, I've taken stock of the way
I'm currently allocating my time. . .

I presently subscribe to 12 list servers which generated
300 pieces of e-mail yesterday. I had to scan the subject
lines of each to see if it was something I should read,
zap away what appeared to be irrelevant and address the ones
that were. I get upwards of a dozen direct e-mails
a day which I try to accomodate. This can take 1 to 2 hours a day.

I've got a backlog of orders thats growing faster than
we can get them out the door.

I've got parts sitting in boxes on the floor I can't
move out because the website catalog doesn't currently
list them.

I've got a half dozen or so articles in progress that
are not getting finished (not the least of which is a
new chapter for revision 10 to the 'Connection).

I've got 3 or 4 new products under developement that
are not getting finished and moved to a production
phase.

It's nobody's fault but my own and I have to make
some adjustments.  I enjoy what I'm doing but there
has to be a better way for me to allocate my time
so that more folks (including myself) are better served.

of the present bevy of list-servers. I'm talking with
Matt Dralle about a new list-server focused
on electrical systems issues. 90+ percent of what I
have to share is applicable to all aircraft . . . I often
cross-post to the whole index of servers (which generates