RE: spinner

Subject: RE: spinner
From: Barahona Alonso Francisco Javier <javier.barahona@aeasa.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:48:02

In my opinion the wobbling of the spinner could be due to the
feebleness of
the spinner fiberglas bulkheads. This causes that any small
eccentricity or
imbalance gets amplified dynamically and originates strong vibrations.

I have had the opportunity to make the dynamic balancing of the
propeller.
Without spinner the vibrations were into the normal range but with the
spinner the vibrations were absolutely inadmissible. This fact
surprised me
because, in static, the spinner eccentricity was only about 1.5 mm
measured
at 120 mm from top, which does not looks like too much. In any case we
solved the problem by adding about 25 g of adhesive lead in some point
in
the interior of the spinner.

I think that all will be easier is the spinner bulkhead were in
aluminium as
they are in other aircraft with fiberglas spinners (yak, sukoi).

Best regards

Javier Barahona
#187 Classic