Re: Re: Flap connectors

Subject: Re: Re: Flap connectors
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:28:07
> Not that I am building a tri-gear, however, I wonder why one couldn't use
> just one W18 plate and TGW-21 per wing.  The W18 plate could be
> positioned in the middle of the foam core (core split into two pieces)
> that normally has the two W18 plates bonded on either side of it.  This
> would eliminate the Tufnol stiffening block and would certainly look much
> better.  Just a thought.
>
> Erich Trombley
> A028

In may case, bacause I have already built the wings with pairs of W18 each side,
so that the wings can be reconverted to outrigger type if a subsequent owner
wished and because altering the (foam) wing structure would mean convincing the
regulatory authority that the wing is still able to meet its responsibilities,
can of worms I prefer to leave unopened.

John Cliff