Re: Color Moving Map and Multi-Function Display

Subject: Re: Color Moving Map and Multi-Function Display
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:47:03
Hi, all --

Check out www.controlvision.com.  They have
Windoze CE software for (virtually) all hand-held
and panel GPS, using any of the new color pocket
PC's.  Ya' gets moving map and a bunch of other
neat nav screens.

They show a photo of one in a Grumman Tiger
(they're very sunny inside, I can certify), and it
don't look bad.

What's interesting about this approach (besides
the fraction of the cost of the aviation-type
color maps) is I'll bet the displays a year from
now, if you can wait, will be better yet.  My bank
has been replacing the monochrome drive-up ATM
screens with active color TFT jobs, and the
readability of those even in sunlight is amazing.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063