Re: Color Moving Map and Multi-Function Display

Subject: Re: Color Moving Map and Multi-Function Display
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:57:27
Message forwarded from the bounce-bin by John Cliff.  Message is from Mark
Wilsch at mark@wilksch.com

*********************************

Dear All

Comments on PC like devices in aircraft.

All the top Glider boys (here in the UK) are using CE displays.

They all use mono because the colour displays are not yet up to daylight
conditions.

The Compaq Aero 1500 is favourite running cambridge software.
Cambridge now provide their base level moving map software as a FREE
download.
They also have a rather neat mount bracket for the Aero machines.
see www.cambridge-aero.com

I have an Aero myself and am planning to get a GPS to check out the options.

I am also evaluating a UK made touch screen machine with a full 800x600
screen.
This should be able to run the full Jepesson.  Which I see is now being
advertised on a Fujitsu Stylistic LT.
(See inside front cover of PFA Rally souvenir programme)

Things are changing fast.  Not a good time to buy an expensive new GPS.

Cheers.......MARK WILKSCH
www.wilksch.com