RE: lexicography

Subject: RE: lexicography
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:24:33

 Not sure that this would be entirely safe with the
monowheel (no ailerons left). Others can comment.

I agree, I wouldn't shoot the approach like this but in the last stage of
flare adding roughly
1/3 throttle resulted in a dramatic reduction in the roll distance. You
really have to play the
throttle though and I wouldn't recommend it for low hours pilots. My right
seat companion on that flight had
over 30 years taildragger experience and by his third touch down it felt
like we were almost standing still when the
wheels touched the ground. He is still grinning!

Tony