Re: Continental O-200

Subject: Re: Continental O-200
From: Rob Waters <robw@iprolink.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:03:26
Bob,

I picked up one of the new Jabiru 3300 spec sheets at Sun'n Fun.
Apparently the major change is with the inlet manifold, and the result
is higher power at lower rpm. Max hp of 120 is now shown at 3050 rpm. At
2900 rpm, the engine is shown as 115 hp.

Running at 80% power, or about 95 hp, would be at 2350 rpm which is in
the range that Jerry points out is more efficient and quieter for the
prop. That's also max torque for the 3300.

Rob Waters

builder 437