Re: Radio question

Subject: Re: Radio question
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:14:58
Martin,

This is quite common on microlights using the Rotax tacho and the reason has
been explained already.

If the installation of screening over the tacho leads is a bit cumbersome,
you could try a small capacitor connected across the back of the tacho
between sig. and ground.  I've had success with this some years ago but I
can't remember what value I used.  Try 220pF first and work up until the
accuracy of the tach starts to be degraded by its addition or until the
interference stops - whichever is the sooner.  Don't use an electrolytic.

Best regards, and good luck with the wedding - (when is it?)

Dave