Jabiru Power Curve

Subject: Jabiru Power Curve
From: Nigel Hutchinson-Brooks <nhb@netspace.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:07:13
I don't know if I can shed light on this matter, but Allan
Bowden, the builder of the first Europa to fly with a Jabiru
3300 factory installed firewall forward kit, told me that
the first prop they tried produced 2900 rpm static & 3100
dynamic at full throttle.  This was considered too fast, and
they changed the prop (coarser, but I don't know about
diameter), to produce 2700 static and 2900 dynamic, which
was reckoned to be close to optimum.  Don't know about
proven power output at these revs.

I'm seriously considering the Jabiru 3300, but would like a
three blade VP or CS prop for ground clearance & looks.
Hopefully someone will have found the best combination to
achieve best power and torque by the time I get there,
probably a couple of years away!

Nigel H-B #423, Melbourne, Australia.