Audio connections

Subject: Audio connections
From: 11323@auswaertigesamt.de
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:30:17
While reworking my instrument panel I was planning to
connect the headset(s) to a mobile phone through a throw-
over switch.

To this end  I purchased a "hands-free-set" for the phone
to be used and cut off the mic and earplug and tried to
replace them with a regular aviation headset.

It turned out that audio ist OK - I can hear the phone
in the earcups. However, Tx is very weak.

Question to our electronic gurus:

Is the weak Tx-level a consequence of the different
microphones used ? (electret mic with aviation headsets
and dynamic/condesator mic with regular stuff) and how
can we correct this  - little preamp ?

Sincerely,

<Thomas Scherer, N81EU>