Re: Build Times

Subject: Re: Build Times
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 23:24:35
John Hi!

>I am interested in knowing some of the total building times (actual or
>closely estimated) of completed, or soon to be, new model XS kits.
>Europa says 500 to 1000 hrs depending on..........       What are some
>of you really getting??

I have a long way to go yet but to date have finished XS Stage 1 and
almost completed (95% - just painting) XS Stage 2 (Wings).

Being objective about time to date is hard but I estimate at least 500
hours so far but that includes all flying surfaces near to final paint
coat finish. i.e. Filling and most sanding complete.

The fuselage etc. looks like taking at least twice as long especially
with wiring and instrument panel build and fitting up and then the
Engine......

If I complete in 1500 hours I would be happy. My guess is nearer 2000.

Now that doesn't 'knock' Europa's claim. Each time span is so very
dependant on Builders circumstances and I believe that the 1000 hours is
possible. 500! Not so sure!!

Best of Luck to you if you go the Europa way!

Kindest Regards

Gerry

*** PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF DIRECT PHONE AND FAX NUMBER ***

Gerry Holland                                   Direct Line : +44 1761 435706
                                                        or  : +44 7071 227887
IntraNet Solutions Inc                          Switchboard : +44 1753 701072
Strategic Business Manager EMEA Operations      Direct Fax  : +44 1761 437590
The Nova Building, Herschel Street              Mobile      : +44 7808 402404
Slough, Berks. SL1 1XS
mailto:gerry.holland@intranetsol.com

Corporate Office:
8091 Wallace Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Tel No. 001 612 903 2000

Corporate Web Site     : http://www.intranetsol.com
UK & Europe Web Site   : http://www.intranetsol.co.uk