Re: Trailer ??

Subject: Re: Trailer ??
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:38:24
John,

The 8.8 markings on the metric bolts:

The first 8 means that the bolt has a yield strength of 8 times 10 kgf per
sq. mm; the second 8, after the dot, means that the ratio of minimum yield
stress (0.2% elongation) and minimum tensile strength is 8 times 10 or 80%.

I'd say you're ok with the 8.8's but be careful with those nuts: I would
expect them to be loose, and disguised by the nyloc insert.

Dave