Re: Wing tip acrylic covers

Subject: Re: Wing tip acrylic covers
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:32:37

> I sent Goldwing an order last September, the cheque for which was cashed
> shortly after, but have received nothing in return despite messages left
on
> answer-phones (never get a reply), faxes and a letter. I could really do
> without the hassle of having to start recovery proceedings.

Thought it was just me who had problems with this firm.
I ordered a strobe from Goldwing some time back. It took many months and
phone calls before it arrived, despite a quoted 6 weeks delivery, when it
did, it had the wrong harness with it despite discussing the installation
with them.  This was eventually changed for the correct one after a further
delay, but the connector on it was wrong, fortunately I managed to sort that
myself.

Because the flash had always been a bit irregular, Goldwing said there was a
problem with the installation. After trying there suggestions with no
improvement and eventually breaking the lens I decided to buy a new one and
have the control box checked.  I sent it to them in July for a check and
repair if necessary, I also ordered a new bulb and lens unit.
After three months without hearing from them I tried to contact them by
phone on several occasions but only ever got the answer machine.  I left
three messages before eventually John Bourne rang me back with apologies and
excuses and told me my strobe was on test now and would be returned soon.
I have since phoned again twice, and left messages and been ignored.
I have been very reluctant to tell of my experiences with this company,
simply because I like to see people and companies get on, and John Bourne is
a very nice chap to talk to, but if he doesn't act on his promises I hold
very little hope for ever seeing my strobe again, only slightly more hope
that it will ever work properly, and absolutely no hope for Goldwings
future.

Get in touch with John Bourne of A.T.L Ltd. GOLDWING AVIATION
> >SYSTEMS.
> >He is a most obliging chap

In words only unfortunately!