RE: Wing tip acrylic covers

Subject: RE: Wing tip acrylic covers
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 17:01:24
Hi! Paul. Get in touch with John Bourne of A.T.L Ltd. GOLDWING AVIATION
SYSTEMS. Tel.01992 524722  or Fax.01992 524723.
He is a most obliging chap and fixed me up with a strobe system and
Wing-tip nav. lights but he can do wing tip/strobe lights combined as you
require. I'm also pretty sure he has got himself organised for XS kits  but
mine was a MK1 kit. The installation instructions are a bit thin though
with respect to cutting into the wing and marking out the acrylic . The
glassing up of the recess and flanges is quite difficult . But the
strategic use of cling film and electrical tape and lots of props to
maintain the acrylic into the shape of the wing is a bit like a sputnik !
There I go again letting slip my age.!!!! The problem is holding the
acrylic into the exact shape having squeegied the whole set up as a mold.
Hopefully this isn't 'double dutch ' ?
Call me up if you need a more detailed chat.
Regards
Bob Harrison 337 Euro/jab. G-PTAG