Fred's is better

Subject: Fred's is better
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:55:07
Cheers:
        In a message dated 12/4/99, I wrote (in part) --

> I "miked" a number of materials to see what could layer the> tubes to reduce
'play' and finally settled on my printer paper> which proved to be a consistent
4 mils (4/1000 in.) in thickness > and which reduced the play almost entirely
without being > impossible to insert.

Fred Fillinger (*A063) replied:
Heavy-duty sewing thread worked easy for me (selected fishing line would
too).  Run 4 lengths inside the CS03 and CS07 bushes, securing with tape
on the outside.  Same principle as what you did.

Fred's right - the thread system is far easier to use, and calibers the
epoxy properly, rather than relying on the centring of the holes for
concentricity. (Is that a word?)
Happy landings
Ferg #A064