digital level [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]

Subject: digital level [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]
From: Nigel Charles <NigelCharles@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:47:06
Message text written by Rowland & Wilma Carson

>I've been looking for an original ? smart level and so far failed. The one
>I mean was capable of Zeroing it's read out at any angle

Screwfix and other tool suppliers do one by Robert Bosch at 117 UK

pounds which has a hinged arm that I think might effectively do the

job you want. Certainly the M-D SmartTool I bought from Gloster Air

Parts recently will only read from the horizontal. The Falco builder

who talked to the Gloster Strut recently passed round one of the

older ones in a trapezoidal-section beam and I think it did have a

"tare" facility to allow zeroing at any angle.

Nigel Charles had a much smaller one of a different brand he found

somewhere in USA, but I don't know if it can be zero-offset.
<

Mine is a Pro Smart Level with no zero offset. I don't find the mental
arithmetic too challanging and this particular level has 2 features which
are quite useful.
1. If the level is used upsidedown it automatically inverts the reading to
compensate.
2. It has a hold facility so that the measurement can be read afterwards.

Nigel Charles