digital level [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]

Subject: digital level [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:44:55

>I've been looking for an original ? smart level and so far failed. The one
>I mean was capable of Zeroing it's read out at any angle

Screwfix and other tool suppliers do one by Robert Bosch at 117 UK
pounds which has a hinged arm that I think might effectively do the
job you want. Certainly the M-D SmartTool I bought from Gloster Air
Parts recently will only read from the horizontal. The Falco builder
who talked to the Gloster Strut recently passed round one of the
older ones in a trapezoidal-section beam and I think it did have a
"tare" facility to allow zeroing at any angle.

Nigel Charles had a much smaller one of a different brand he found
somewhere in USA, but I don't know if it can be zero-offset.

regards

Rowland

           ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...