Re: antenna

Subject: Re: antenna
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:09:42
>> What is the latest thoughts on using the foil dipole antenna from S-H?
>> I already have it and want to use it.  Also what is the best choice for
>> other antenna locations? Nav, transponder, marker beacon, elt?  There
>> are more 'Star's out there flying now so we should have some definitive
>> answers from real world experiences. All help would be appreciated since
>> I am bonding the fuselage and this is an integral part of the job if you
>> want ot conceal the antenna.

  Real world perspectives on amateur built antenna installations
  run the gamut from (a) doesn't work worth a @#$@#! to (b) works
  really fine! Never have I seen engineering test data to compare
  a new antenna with an old one. Go ahead and install any and all
  antennas you might like to try. If they're inside, there's little
  harm done if you decide your experiment falls into the !@#$@#$!
  category. At the worst, you'll replace them with time honored
  whiskers sticking out everywhere. Odds are in your favor that
  they WILL perform adequately to you task.

       Bob . . .