Re: electronic scales [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]

Subject: Re: electronic scales [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:28:05

> >Now there's a whole new ball game. Lots of new possibilities for variation.
> >Bubbles in pipes, valves sticking, dripping nozzles etc. I expect you will
> >be just as pernickerty about it's accuracy. Agree about the convenience.

Having used a pump from the beginning, I personally wouldn't be without one...

Problems I have found are:
bubble in the hardener line - normal - means wasting a partial squirt to get rid
of it.
Crystals around (and sometimes blocking) the hardener container vent. Requires
occasional cleaning.
Hardener line fractures: Happens when hardener has been in the line for a year+,
and the set it allowed to reach winter ambient temp (occasionally all the bulbs
in the resin cupboard fail simultaneously)

Accuracy: regularly checked with Ohaus O-200 scales @ 100 grams of resin -
hardener ratio  fluctuates between 25.0 and 25.1 by weight with scales set to
100:29 by volume. effectively no change. -valves sticking, dripping nozzles etc.
haven't experienced those......

Miles