Re: electronic scales [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]

Subject: Re: electronic scales [was: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND]
From: GERAINT L OWENS <lloyd.owens@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:11:04
> On the other hand, larger batches of 40g hardener / 160g resin should be
within 1.5% of
>the theoretical ratio.

This is all very well Rowland, and I would believe it if you were then going
to use a mechanised mixer for 5 mins to mix the goo; but given that most of
us mix with a round-tipped spatula on a flat-bottomed container (when the
spatula can't get into the 90 degree corner) for one to two minutes at most,
I suspect a lot of your perceived accuracy of mix goes right out of the
window.   It would be interesting to do a scientific analysis of the mix
---From different parts of the pot, for a number of homebuilders.   I suspect
the results might be a little different from the manufacturers theoretical
ratio.   IMHO   : -)
Lloyd Owens