XS cockpit brake

Subject: XS cockpit brake
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:08:32
Cheers:
        I am installing the brake master cylinder on the starboard sidewall of
the centre stand of an XS cockipt in a 'classic' monowheel.
        The setup requires the use of extended brake lever LG13. I had to grind
down the lever from 0.128in. as supplied, to 0.116 on order to fit in
the cylinder casting, and 0.120 for the piston fork.
        I beg the following from whoever can supply:
1. the travel distance in inches/mm. on the top surface of the
console,     at the back of the LG13 from 'at rest' position back to
full brake     position; and
2. the composition of the lever LG13, for purposes of corrosion
resistance;.
FYI - the measured angle of bend required to raise the LG13 lever to
vertical is in the 15 to 16 degree range.
Happy Landings
Ferg A064