Re: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND

Subject: Re: NEW BUILDER - SCOTLAND
From: Gerry Cole <gccole13@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:51:53
Glenn,
I don't know whether you are close enough to be interested in the West
of Scotland strut of the PFA?   One member flew his Europa a few months
ago and I am quite advanced in my (very slow) build.   I would be happy
to show you my workshop and discuss the way various tasks were done.
The strut co-ordinator is Richard Wakeford, address rwakeford@cix.co.uk,
and our website is http://www.compulink.co.uk/~rwake/.   We meet
alternatively at Glasgow and Prestwick airports and occasionally at
Cumbernauld.
On the subject of tools I have found the Pro Smart Level very useful.
This is electronic level gives readings to  0.1 of a degree and has a
removable sensor module set in a triangular rail.   The sensor module on
its own is particularly useful when checking rigging angles of narrow
items such as the flaps and ailerons.   Made for the American building
industry by Macklanburg- Duncan, Oklahoma City. I found mine at the PFA
rally at Cranfield.

Gerry (No. 121)