Re: Retraction Lever Guide Plate

Subject: Re: Retraction Lever Guide Plate
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:49:12
>It seems that Reduxing the guide plate is recommended even tho most
>folks are not doing it!

A Redux bond won't be permanent unless very careful preparation is done. I
don't think simple scuff sanding would be adequate. Anodise then do the
Boeing water test before bonding. Complete spreading of distilled water
dropped on to the metal.

>Here's another question--how about attaching a pair of rubber sealing
>strips to the underside of the tunnel, to stop a blast of air from
>entering the cockpit through the slot.  Is this a problem in the Europa
>when at high angles of attack?

Yes, we do get exhaust fumes at low speed flaps down. That might be worth a
try Pops.

Graham