Re: Wing root fairings

Subject: Re: Wing root fairings
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:51:56
One thing that was pointed out to me by Kim Prout's father (an
aerodynamicist of some repute) is that the wing root fairings MUST be
airtight in order to gain maximum efficiency of airflow. An inefficient seal
here can lose several knots of cruise speed.

I am using a rubber seal on the inside of Graham's wing fairings,
effectively duplicating the configuration on Kim's aircraft.

Tony

Tony S Krzyzewski               Kaon Technologies Ltd
Managing Director               PO Box 9830, Newmarket
Ph 64 9 520 4631                Auckland
Fx 64 9 520 3321                New Zealand

Reply to                     tonyk@kaon.co.nz

Networkers visit        www.kaon.co.nz
Aviators visit             www.kaon.co.nz/europa/