XS Wings

Subject: XS Wings
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:35:56
Hi Europas

I have discovered a problem and solution for A 079.  Is it unique or
maybe a problem with others?

Page 8-11, Mono wheel manual:  Port wing:  Fitting the W16P bellcrank
had problems...  The AN4-31A bolt was not long enough.   Lakeside Bob
kindly sent me a 32A length which is barely ok.  However, when
tightening the nut enough to prevent play in the bolt (and at the torque
called for) there was much friction in BC4W10 bearing.  Way too much
friction!  I found that the Euro 1 washers were causing friction
pressure on the bearing.  A little filing relife around the washers next
to the bearing relieved the restriction and now it is a smooth as the
newborn ass.

I plan to revisit the other BC4W10/Euro1 interfaces.  Is the same
problem there?

If anyone can teach me to draw on the computor, I will be happy to
illustrate my washer changes...

Tom Friedland   A 079 N 34CC