Re: XS Wings

Subject: Re: XS Wings
From: Paul and Liz Atkinson <paulliz@cix.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:34:23
Tom

I'll put Nina on the next flight over, with her crayons and a supply of nappies.

In my case I think Andy's comments are correct. Not knowing how these
bearings are constructed I was surprised that they binded when the nuts were
fully tightened. Slackening off the nuts until the bearings are free again seems
do the trick.
It sounds to me as though you need to counterbore the hole deeper to allow
more bolt to show on the other side. My manual (for the DIY wings) incidentally
says gives little guidance on this, "at least 5mm on the port wing" and "a
little
deeper" on the stbd. There should be enough bolt protruding from the spar to
allow you to put on the spacer, washers, bellcrank, and the nut and still have
three threads showing above the nut.

Paul