Kit Selection Made

Subject: Kit Selection Made
From: VP4SkyDoc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:20:41
Well, I have finally selected a kit.  I just want to thank the Europa net for
letting me eavesdrop on your discussions for the last two year while I
researched designs.  The Europa was the plane that first got me interested in
building and I have learned a lot from you all.  I finally decided, however,
to build an RV-6.  The clincher was a trip to Oregon where I flew the RV and
the Lancair 360.  Both fantastic planes, of course, but I found the Lancair a
little cramped (just enough that I knew that I would not enjoy cross country
much).

Eliminating the Lancair left only the RV and the Europa.  Although I have
never sat in one, I cant imagine it is much larger than the Lancair.  I have
been trying to get a ride with Kim Prout but he is frequently unavailable.
He also wants $100 for a test flight and, get this, a new phone service that
charges you buck every time you want to leave him a message.  (I know it
doesn't sound like much, but with my building skills I figure I could run up
$5,000-$6,000  in messages to Kim alone  :-)

But really,  I have loved the Europa since I first saw the Video.  I just
decided the RV was better for my needs.  So it is time for me to sign off the
Europa net (I have been following Europa net, two Lancair lists, and an RV
list - takes up to 2 hrs a night just to read my e-mail).  Thanks again,
especially to those of you with whom I have corresponded individually.
Hopefully we will meet at a fly-in one day.

Dave Leonard