Hello

Subject: Hello
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:51:47
Hello,

I am co-building a Europa with David DeFord.
We began work on our kit last March, and just
finished putting the skins on our wings.

David and I have had a number of discussions
about our electical budget, and have not yet figured
out how we are going to handle things.
The alternator that comes with the Rotax can only
handle about 15 amps. With our strobe lights and
nav lights we will consume all of that without taking
into consideration electic instruments, radios, etc.

We thought of purchasing the optional alternator from
Rotax, but understand that it goes up front and does not
clear the cowl.

It seems to me that others must have had a similar problem.
What has been done?

Did you just put a bump in the front of the cowl to clear the
alternator?
Use a prop driven generator?

Note: we intend using a constant speed prop, so must assume
the accessory pad will be used for the prop governor.

Terry Seaver