Re: Corrosion protection - Aileron push tubes

Subject: Re: Corrosion protection - Aileron push tubes
From: Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:35:09
I have been advised on good authority to use Shell Ensis(?) fluid for the
inside of tubes (copyright Nigel Graham). At Cranfield the Shell rep advised
that there are 5 different grades and the middle grade seems best - it is
thick enough to stick and protect but thin enough to coat the inside of the
tubes. The UK rep seems to be Sil-Mid (0121 781 0202) and they can provide
in 5 litre cans.
I have not yet used the product , and Nigel did admit that his stock was
rather dated, so I would appreciate anyone else's views/experience with this
product. - does it work on aluminium as well as steel?
Steve Pitt       Builder 403 G-SMDH