PFA Rally - Europa Club stand

Subject: PFA Rally - Europa Club stand
From: Rowland and Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:55:14
Just back from helping with the tear-down at the PFA Rally, Cranfield.

Many thanks to all those who helped make it such a success. As before, the
synergy derived from the Club stand being adjacent to the Europa Aircraft
Co stand (and this year, also the Wilksch diesel "stand") was palpable.

One or two commercial stand-holders I spoke to (in the short times I was
away from the Club stand) reported that they seemed to be getting fewer
visitors than some years. Not so in Europa-land! We were all kept busy
throughout the 3 days, and today after all the aeroplanes had gone, it
looked as if Mark Wilksch was in line for a "dead-grass" award. The outline
of the Europa with his prototype diesel installed was clearly and heavily
trampled into the turf.

Several people said how much they appreciated the BBQ on Saturday night,
and thanked the Committee for organising it. I feel that it could not have
been any sort of a success without the enthusiastic participation of so
many Europa people - it was great to be able to meet so many and swap
experiences. Thank you all for coming (in some cases a very long way) to
take part. It's good to be able to meet in person the Europa people from
all around the world, and see the variety of our situations, as well as how
much we have in common.

Thanks to all those who assisted on the stand in many ways throughout the
Rally. We (quite literally) couldn't do it without you.

See you all again soon!

regards

Rowland

Rowland Carson   Europa 435 G-ROWI
PFA 16532   EAA 168386   Europa Club Membership Secretary