RE: Corrosion protection - Aileron push tubes

Subject: RE: Corrosion protection - Aileron push tubes
From: James Thursby <JThursby@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:18:48
 Hi Paul, My method of corrosion protection for tubes is as follows, first I
put one of the end caps in the tube with a wet coat of epoxy primer on it,
(usually dipped) and rivet it and set aside overnight. Then next day I tape
up the first capped end and, depending on the tube size, put in a couple of
ounces of epoxy primer, plug the open end, and roll it around to coat the
inside. Then drain out MOST but not all of the primer and install the second
end piece with it still wet. With epoxy primer on the outside of these tubes
and painted, they should outlast all of us. And yes, I am a fanatic about
corrosion. There isn't any way to inspect these tubes for corrosion  later
on, so it imperative something be done on the inside of them during the
building process. Hope this helps.

                Jim Thursby
                    N814AT