comms

Subject: comms
From: Ben <sales@fernhursttvr.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:01:58

Thanks to all those who advised on my "Terrible Terra".  I have tried most of
the
suggestions but with no success.  One interesting feature which slightly
contradicts
my previous claim to "good reception but poor transmission" is that,
standing next to the a/c in the hanger with an Icom handheld, I can hear Volmet
perfectly.  It's equally good using a headset and ditto using the a/c aeriel.
However the Terra is almost inaudible (even with the handheld aeriel). Would
this suggest the Terra is duff or is it just a vastly inferior set to the trusty
Icom?  If the former, does anyone know of any good testers/repairers in UK.

<META content'"MSHTML 4.72.2106.6"' nameGENERATOR>

in UK.