Re: XS baggage bay arm and latest update

Subject: Re: XS baggage bay arm and latest update
From: dg.watts@virgin.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 02:34:55
Martin J.Tuck wrote:
> I must admit I've really gone off the trailer. It was about 90 deg on the
> ramp and it took the two of us a good 20 minutes to get the aircraft rigged
> and a lot of faffing around to make sure nothing got scratched or dinged,
> so I can't see myself coming home from work and 'just going flying' unless
> I hangar it. I foresee 'road rash' and 'getting it on and off rash'
> developing otherwise.

When we started trailering our (with an enclosed trailer) it took us
quite a while to rig and derig. However, in a fairly short time you get
used to it and we now regularly rig and derig in 5 minutes (every flight
and that is at least 2 to 3 times a week). So far we have only dinged it
once, I dropped a tailplane last week. My experience is that you can end
up with just as much damage if you hangar it.

Dave Watts 'XDY