Rotax 914 Hot Starts

Subject: Rotax 914 Hot Starts
From: gstout@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:29:26

Has anyone with a Rotax 914 experienced difficulty restarting their engine
when hot?  Although my plane is not yet flying, I have on numerous
occasions started the engine and taxied around the airport.  The engine has
always started immediately within one or two revolutions of the prop.
Yesterday I taxied around for about 15 minutes, shut it down and then
attempted a restart about 10 minutes later.  It simply wouldn't start.
After allowing the engine to cool down, it restarted just fine.  Has anyone
experience this with their 914, and have they found a solution to the
problem?

Regards,
Garry
(813) 878-3929, TieLine 427-3929