fuel contamination

Subject: fuel contamination
From: nigelcharles <NigelCharles@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:43:52
Message text written by INTERNET:Tennant@t-online.de

I hate to preach - but mike caters incident is another example of how
important
it is to install a low fuel pressure indicator or warning light.
<

I have designed a parallel fuel system which being assessed by Francis
Donaldson at the moment. As well as fuel temperature and pressure
indication it uses a pressure switch which provides automatic changeover in
the event of pressure loss at the mechanical pump output. As it already
uses two filters, filter blockage is not a problem and it also caters for
fuel vaporisation, pipe leak and blockage. It does all this with no action
required from the pilot and will provide a changeover as the main tank is
emptied giving a very accurate fuel check at a point when it is most
needed. Two individual shut-off valves are used which are normally left
open. However they do enable filter removal without emptying the tank as
well as isolating the tank in an emergency.

I am willing to circulate the details if anyone is interested but be aware
it is still awaiting final approval. I suspect Francis will want me to
trial it first before it gets blanket approval.

Nigel Charles