Re: Europa Flying Experience

Subject: Re: Europa Flying Experience
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 00:13:46

>In terms of difficulty, it's about average - harder than a Luscombe, the
>same as a J3 cub, easier than an Auster. For those twitching about it, the
>first true taildragger Europa will be under test shortly. When that happens,
>I'll post a report.
>Miles

In my opinion, a monowheel taildragger is easier to handle on the ground
than a conventional taildragger, other things being equal. There is no
differential braking to add another risk factor. Two wheels are more likely
to find bad ground than one. One big wheel has less rolling resistance than
two small ones. I can't think of any advantage for having two wheels
instead of one.Correction, when the wings are removed a mono will fall over.

Graham