Europa handlong........

Subject: Europa handlong........
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:42:41
Cheers:
     I am in full accord with Gerry Holland's reply to the "any-mouse"
diatribe. Such attittude leaves the accused totally defenceless and goes
to trash immediately.
     Building Europa is fulfilling no matter what the time taken. It
produces a superior and ingenuous design which can progress wonderfully
through its lifetime (all it needs is a newtech diesel of 120hp!).
     Flying Europa is also fulfilling - every moment will be refreshing
and different. BUT it cannot be flown accurately because you're rich,
have led 10 jets through a routine, nor because you have an aeronautical
degree. To take a bite at a Red Arrow leader for a moment's terror rates
another look at para.1. Like the Stearman, the Europa bids fair to
require 'dancing feet' at all times on the ground and a few in the air.
The Cessna is a kiddycar - it is driven. The Europa is an aircraft - it
is flown.
     As for the advertising 'hype', that's business - not aviation. The
Europa in my experience comes closer to its specs than most other
projects in a multitude of ways.
     Forget the nonsense and just build. But better get a good
instructor judging by the attitude.
Ferg Kyle
(#A064)