Re: Europa bites Red Arrow !

Subject: Re: Europa bites Red Arrow !
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:58:46
Jim,

My compliments on a nicely crafted response to TBa9161042@aol.com.

TBa9161042's email is a very misguided effort at slinging mud at a
product which may not be absolutely perfect, what is ?, but which is
excellent value for money and provides a sophisticated small sportplane
to enthusiasts. It is also clear that the monowheel Europa cannot be
handled like a C152 which is not surprising because all tailwheel planes
are fundamentally unstable in direction when moving on the ground. This
is nothing new and pilots have been struggling with the required
techniques for most of this century. If builders have a concern on
handling, there is always the choice of the tri-gear model. The small
performance penalty is the compromise one always has when choosing
between the 2 options.

Cheers, John Wigney, A099