Re: anonymous

Subject: Re: anonymous
From: Al Fuller <alfuller@webworldinc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:33:35

Thank you Klaus for your comments, and thank all of you for the responses to my
earlier post.

At the risk of throwing gasoline on a smoldering fire, let me please try to
make myself more clear.

I THINK THE FACT THAT THE CRITICISM CAME ANONYMOUSLY IS GOOD.

My curiosity would, of course, be served by knowing who said what.  That way, I
could put names with comments, and judge them accordingly.  BUT, that's just
the point.  The criticizers obviously want us to judge the comments on their
own merits, without resort to the filtering which might accompany knowing who
the writer's identity.

at this point, I have no further comment on the content [or motivation] of the
criticism.  My only point today is to say that I for one will refrain from
thinking poorly of someone who felt that it would be difficult to put his or
her name to these criticisms.  If anything, our calling them names for having
the audacity to criticize without us being able to call them names to their
faces appears to confirm what I think must have been their motivation to go
anonymous.

after having invested so much money, time, separation from loved ones, etc. to
buy and build the kit, I am sure that it is hard for some to accept criticism
about the project.  I only hope that we can begin to take it gracefully.

At Monday 3/1/99 04:03 PM, you wrote:
>Hi Anonymous,
>
>there is nothing wrong to articulate your critics; however doing it
>anonymously proves not a great sense of maturity....
>Yes, Ivan did the take off and landing on my demo flight; so what. I did'nt
>have any experience in the Europa and I would'nt give demo flights without
>doing take off and landings my self.
>Yes, it took me about 2000 houres to finish my Europa; and I loved evry
>minute of it; and I very much miss the building now....If you want to fly
>tomorrow just buy a C150....
>Yes, I trust Ivan, Andy and the team at Europa. I always got excellent
>support and always a prompt reply to all my questions and requests. This is
>true for all my fellow builders here in Austria (there are about 10 right
>now)
>Yes, my Europa performs as promised. 130 kts top and a honest 120 cruise on
>16 l/h. I have now 150 hours cross country all over Europe and never
>enjoyed flying more.
>Yes, I bent my prop on my 10th landing after bouncing ....I changed the
>prop and was flying again the following WE.
>Yes, I am only an average pilot with some 700 hours on Cessnas, Pipers,
>some gliders and motorgliders so the Europa is my first unconventional,
>monowheel, retractable, high performance plane. A friend of mine who has
>more taildragger experience than I do, did never have any problem with the
>ground handling of his monowheel Europa. And there is still the
>trigear.......
>Yes, the monowheel  Europa's ground handling is different, but if you get
>proper training it's not more difficult than a Piper Cub or an Dimona or
>Falke Motorglider. The thing is, you have not to be too proud getting such
>training with an experienced pilot....other wise you will inevitably bent
>something sooner or later......
>

>Yes, I would do it all again
>
>Klaus (kit 132, first flight 29. 4. 97)

Alfonso C. Fuller, Jr.    mailto:alfuller@webworldinc.com
Anaheim Hills, CA          [Southwestern USA]
'89 FJ-62, mostly stock.  Europa XS to be built......

[...]

The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

Alfonso C. Fuller, Jr.
EUDORA=AUTOURL>mailto:alfuller@webworldinc.com<x-tab></x-tab>
Anaheim Hills, CA