anonymous

Subject: anonymous
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:03:39
Hi Anonymous,

there is nothing wrong to articulate your critics; however doing it
anonymously proves not a great sense of maturity....
Yes, Ivan did the take off and landing on my demo flight; so what. I did'nt
have any experience in the Europa and I would'nt give demo flights without
doing take off and landings my self.
Yes, it took me about 2000 houres to finish my Europa; and I loved evry
minute of it; and I very much miss the building now....If you want to fly
tomorrow just buy a C150....
Yes, I trust Ivan, Andy and the team at Europa. I always got excellent
support and always a prompt reply to all my questions and requests. This is
true for all my fellow builders here in Austria (there are about 10 right
now)
Yes, my Europa performs as promised. 130 kts top and a honest 120 cruise on
16 l/h. I have now 150 hours cross country all over Europe and never
enjoyed flying more.
Yes, I bent my prop on my 10th landing after bouncing ....I changed the
prop and was flying again the following WE.
Yes, I am only an average pilot with some 700 hours on Cessnas, Pipers,
some gliders and motorgliders so the Europa is my first unconventional,
monowheel, retractable, high performance plane. A friend of mine who has
more taildragger experience than I do, did never have any problem with the
ground handling of his monowheel Europa. And there is still the
trigear.......
Yes, the monowheel  Europa's ground handling is different, but if you get
proper training it's not more difficult than a Piper Cub or an Dimona or
Falke Motorglider. The thing is, you have not to be too proud getting such
training with an experienced pilot....other wise you will inevitably bent
something sooner or later......

Yes, I would do it all again

Klaus (kit 132, first flight 29. 4. 97)