Re: TP6's and transferred strain.

Subject: Re: TP6's and transferred strain.
From: Klaus Assion <kjafly@snip.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:19:11
Hi Graham, and all Europa fans.

My name is Klaus Assion (kjafly@snip.net) and I am just completing the
tailplanes of the Europa model A017 (XS Tri-gear).

I am fully in agreement with Graham's 'it seems possible that we may have
been trying to cure the result and not the cause'.

Can it be that the four TP13 bushes may not be permanently fastened while
bonding with the small quantity of wettisch flox (Europa XS Tri-gear Manual,
page 5-3, 30 May, 1998) The wholes may not have been drilled perfectly and
have some space with the bushes, which was not totally filled with the first
bonding. The additional flox filled gap behind the bushes flanges will  not
be strong enough to  hold the bushes. Is the tailplane play in the flying
aircrafts inbetween the TP13 pins and the bushes and/or inbetween the bushes
and the inboard rib bonding?

I would be anxious to help diagnose and find a preventive cure!

Thanks, Klaus (kjafly)