RE: Europa Insurance

Subject: RE: Europa Insurance
From: David Glauser <dg@xpsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:10:55

You might want to contact Kim Prout at 909-920-3055. He mentioned in a
newsletter not too long ago that they had succeeded in getting Avemco to
lower the rating of the Europa to a 3. (They use a scale of 1 to 10,
with lower numbers being cheaper.) Apparently they were swayed by the
argument regarding the coupling of the flaps and gear. It might be that
the Avemco representative you spoke to was not away of the variance, and
so quoted you the standard rate for a retractable-geared tailwheel
aircraft. I don't recall what Kim pays for insurance, but I'm positive
it's a lot less than $3700 annually.

David