Europa Insurance

Subject: Europa Insurance
From: gstout@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:11:56

Since I am about 1 week away from first flight on my tri-gear, I thought
I'd call my friendly insurance company (AVEMCO) here in the US.  I have
been carrying "builders" insurance with them for the past 2 years and it's
been costing me about $400 per year.

Imagine my surprise when they quoted me a price of $3,700 per year to
insure the plane, now that it will be flying.  This seems extremely
expensive to me.  What are other Europa owners paying for insurance?  Can
anyone direct me to a U.S. based insurance company who might have more
affordable rates?  HELP!  I need insurance quickly......before my first
flight!

Regards,
Garry
(813) 878-3929, TieLine 427-3929