Re: Fuel, Static, et. all

Subject: Re: Fuel, Static, et. all
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:49:06
Steve --

Carbon fiber cloth is not as conductive as copper, and any resin will insulate
the connection.  Also, be sure the ground connection is also a short path to
the engine.  Line personnel will likely use the exhaust pipe for the ground
connection on a Europa.  In 24 years of flying, I've never seen them use the
landing gear, and if they did I'd panic -- my Grummans' gear legs are
fiberglass!  Think the author of the SA article was thinking of retracts.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063

On 12/7/98, Steve Genotte wrote --

<<  i.e. would it be
 practical to include a length of carbon fiber cloth that connects the
 Europa's fuel filler neck to a fixed portion of the landing gear
 assembly, thereby providing a proper connect for a fuel truck's
 grounding cable?   >>