Re: Fuel, Static, et. all

Subject: Re: Fuel, Static, et. all
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:01:11
i.e. would it be
>practical to include a length of carbon fiber cloth that connects the
>Europa's fuel filler neck to a fixed portion of the landing gear
>assembly, thereby providing a proper connect for a fuel truck's
>grounding cable

A length of grounding braid would be better. Nicest solution I have seen was
a length of braid inside the filler tube connecting to the fuel outlet
inside the tank. The external side of the outlet had another piece of braid
then connected to engine ground.

There was quite a long discussion on this topic about 12-18 months ago so
you may want to check the archive.

Tony