Re: Paint Qty

Subject: Re: Paint Qty
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:20:08
Hi Richard,

I called Poly Fiber some time back and talked to Lloyd who was quite
knowledgeable on their paint line and its application.  I gave him square
footage estimates for the Europa and he suggested:

3 gal Smooth Prime
1 gal Silver Sheild
3 gal Top Gloss

Plus, you'll need cleaner, strainers, and rollers (Home Depot).  I used the
Europa supplied Fairlite with West epoxy so I bought only 1 quart of Superfil
for touchup (if needed) after applying the first coat of Smooth Prime.
Overall cost was $737, so it certainly wasn't cheap. All urethanes seem to be
expensive. On the other hand, I should be able to do at least the initial
coats with a roller myself which is a cost saving of sorts.

Since I haven't painted yet I can't offer an opinion on how close Lloyd's
estimate is to actual requirements.   And no one has experience with  how this
paint stands up after 10 years - we're all betting on Poly-Fiber's
reputation....

Regards,  John    A044