RE: Trimming wet cloth.

Subject: RE: Trimming wet cloth.
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 01:06:32
Hi! Warren. Sorry I don't often contribute to this forum but this cutting
wet cloth bit has just caught my eye. There is a) trimming wet cloth to the
requisite 15mm overhang  then there is b) final trim. The regular builders
never were very explicit on these questions for us beginers!!!! I think we
all went through these frustrating experiences.  However with regards item
a) I never did get to cut it very well but the serrated sissors sounds an
excellent idea ---- but I bet it is a hell of a job to clean them off !!!!
Concerning the item b) I was mistified when I read that the final trim can
be cut like butter !!!!?? It took me a while to discover that if I
completed a 'lay up'  at about 10pm then I needed to disturb my slumber
type lay up at about 4 am to catch it 'cutting like butter '  !! This saved
lots of hacksawing and sanding of straight or curved lines with consequent
absence of clouds of glass dust!
You need to suffer from insomnia though -- just realised that must be my
 problem since I've never needed to set the alarm to wake up!!!
Best regards --- don't let it get the better of you!!!
Bob Harrison Builder 337 or World Wide 399 !!!
ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk