RE: G-YURO on TV

Subject: RE: G-YURO on TV
From: andrew.robinson@barco.com
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:32:22

> Well, even if the whole a/c won't float, your stabilators will double
> as a
> flotation device in the event of a water landing.  Just be sure to
> pull the
> pip pin and slide 'em off before the rest of the plane does it's
> impression of
> a Murdoch paper and sinks to the lowest depths.

        I can just picture it.  In the pre-flight briefing to your
passenger:
as a
        flotation device. Pull the pin and hold the stabiliator to your
chest.
        Your seat cushion may be used to feed the circling sharks"

        Actually, I wonder why the wings wouldn't float. Are they not
airtight?

        Or in the fuselage just enclose some flotation foam like on a
canoe. You'd pay a few pounds
        in weight, but you'd have a floatable hull....

        Yeah, that's it! Put some fittings on the top of the fuselage
and with the aircraft afloat
        relocate the stabilators to the fittings and use them to set
sail. You've got a rudder already.

        Andrew