Re: Fuel Tank Inspections and Gages

Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Inspections and Gages
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:54:10
>> I poured in fuel a gallon at a time and marked the gauge.
Afterwards removing all the marks except at quarter capacity increments.
Crude
but effective. (I plan to also have a fuel flow gauge anyway and a sight<<

We did more or less the same. The only snag is that the indications are
somewhat vague, they vary according to the dielectric constant of the fuel,
which is far from constant. What I want is a bar graph which gives
consistant readings. Sight gauge? Mounted close to the tank? With a
breather that doesn't vapour lock? {{;-)

Graham