Confused in Pitotville

Subject: Confused in Pitotville
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:26:35

I have the manual revision which places the pitot forward of the wing spar,
and in front of the flap.  Today, I received technical stuff from Lakeland,
saying Europa now wants it behind the spar in front of the aileron, but you
may have to move it after flight testing.  Further, the static is more
critical they say, and they move it from the fuselage to a combination
pitot/static (i.e. under the wing).

Lakeland told me last month to put the pitot on the vertical fin, as it is
inaccurate only in a power-on stall (big deal).

Question: what is the flight experience of you folks with the original design
-- static on fuselage sides, pitot at top of vertical fin?

Thanx in advance,

Fred Fillinger, A063